1. Preheat griddle to medium heat.
2. Peel (if desired) and dice potatoes into 1⁄2-inch cubes. Dice onion into 1⁄2-inch pieces.
3. Add oil to griddle in searing zones, then add onions and top with potatoes. Cover with astainless-steel bowl or pot lid and allow to cook and steam for 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Carefully remove the lid and mix well. Season with salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika.
5. Continue cooking potato and onions for 10 to 15 minutes in the searing zones and mixing frequently to ensure even cooking and browning.
6. Serve with your favorite breakfast foods.
Add corned beef or mushrooms for a tasty breakfast treat and serve with fried eggs!