STUFFED TOMATO WITH BRIOCHE, HAM, AND CHEESE
4 vine-ripened tomatoes
Salt & pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 thick slice of brioche, cut into cubes
2 stems fresh oregano, leaves removed and chopped
¼ cup parmesan, shredded
½ cup small ham cubes
Olive oil, to drizzle
1. Cut about ½” off the tops of tomatoes and scoop out seeds.
2. Place tomatoes upright in the sauce pan. Season with salt & pepper. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine brioche cubes, ham, oregano, parmesan, garlic powder and oregano. Add a drizzle of olive oil and combine until moist.
4. Carefully spoon stuffing mixture into tomatoes, pressing down firmly but gently to sufficiently fill each tomato.
5. Preheat grill to 750°F. Position pan with tomatoes at the bottom of the grill. Cook until tops are golden brown in color.
what if I don’t have a grill? Will my oven work?
Leave a comment