The only turkey recipe you need on your Thanksgiving table. This roasted turkey recipe is foolproof and ready in less than four hours, thanks to your Kalorik MAXX Air Fryer Oven Grill!
12-14 lb Turkey
¼ cup fresh sage, removed from the stem
¼ cup fresh rosemary, removed from the stem
¼ cup fresh thyme, removed from the stem
4 tablespoons salt, divided in two
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
½ cup water
½ cup carrots, roughly chopped
½ cup celery, roughly chopped
½ cup yellow or white onion, roughly chopped
1. Before getting started, make sure your turkey is fully defrosted and the giblets and neck have been removed from the internal cavity.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine half of the sage, rosemary, and fresh thyme. Pulse the processor to break down the herbs before adding the olive oil and salt. Once a loose paste has formed mash the paste into the unsalted butter. Mix well to combine. Set butter mixture aside.
3. Season the internal cavity of the turkey with 2 tablespoons of salt. Cut lemons into quarters and stuff the cavity of the turkey with lemons and the remaining sage, rosemary and thyme.
4. Preheat your Kalorik MAXX Air Fryer Oven Grill on ROAST to 300F.
5. Liberally coat the outside of the turkey with the herb butter. Making sure to cover all the skin well.
6. Place turkey on the baking tray on Bake 1. Add celery, carrot, and onion to the tray around the turkey where space allows. Add water to the tray and insert into the oven.
7. Roast turkey for 3-4 hours, basting every hour, and removing any excess liquid- saving for gravy if desired. After two hours of cooking rotate the turkey. Roast until a temperature probe inserted into the thickest area of the meat reads 160F additional time may be needed depending on the size of your turkey. Remove from heat and tent with foil for 30 minutes to rest. Serve hot with your favorite sides!
Skip making the butter mixture by purchasing pre-made compound butter!