Take Thanksgiving dinner to another level with this pumpkin-shaped brioche bun recipe! Not only do these dinner rolls dress up your Thanksgiving table, they're as delicious as they look. Homemade brioche dough and pumpkin puree come together with pumpkin spice, delivering a flavorful dose of fall's favorite gourd. We know you'll love them as much as we do!
1. In a large bowl combine milk, sugar and instant yeast. Whisk together and set aside for 15 minutes until the mixture has become foamy.
2. Whisk in pumpkin puree and egg into the milk mixture.
3. In a second large bowl combine flour, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Slowly incorporate the flour mixture into the milk mixture until a rough dough forms.
4. Add butter to the dough 1 tablespoon at a time until all the butter is evenly incorporated. Knead for 5 minutes until a smooth ball forms and pulls away from the side of the bowl.
5. Proof your bread for 1 to 2 hours until the dough doubles in size; you can use the proof setting on your MAXX if desired.
6. Divide the dough into 10 to 15 pieces depending on how large you would like the buns to be. Roll each dough piece into a ball. Cut twine into 2-foot lengths and individually wrap each pumpkin, crossing the line with each rotation, to make each little bun look like a pumpkin.
7. Set twine wrapped buns aside, tent with plastic and allow them to proof for another 45 minutes until they have puffed slightly.
8. Preheat your MAXX Touch to 350°F.
9. Handling the buns as delicately as possible. Move the buns to the baking tray and lightly brush the outside of each bun with butter.
10. Bake buns for 15-20 minutes until buns are golden and make a hollow sound when tapped. Allow buns to cool for 5 minutes before very carefully removing the twine.
11. Carefully cut a cinnamon stick in half and then into 1-inch lengths, using the created pieces to make stems for each pumpkin. Insert into the center of each bun and serve!