1 orange with peel, quartered and seeds removed
½ cup vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 ½ cup granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour and extra for dusting
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 ½ cup powdered sugar
1 orange, ½ juice and zest
1 teaspoon Grand Marnier (optional)
Bundt pan or two 9-inch cake pans
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Combine quartered orange with peel, eggs, vegetable oil, and almond extract in your blender. Firmly secure the lid.
- Blend on high speed for 1 minute. Add sugar and blend on high speed for an additional 2 minutes until no large pieces remain.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
- Pour orange mixture into a large bowl, stir in half the flour, mix, then stir in the remaining flour until incorporated.
- Prepare a Bundt pan or 2 9-inch cake pans by lightly spraying with oil and dusting with flour.
- Pour batter into prepared pan(s) and bake 20 to 30 minutes until golden. You will know the cake is fully baked when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients and mix well.
- Remove fully baked cakes from their pans and allow to cool for 10 minutes before generously topping with glaze.