3 pints strawberries, hulled and sliced
1/4 cup granulated or brown sugar
4 ounces cold unsalted butter, cubed
2 cups self-rising flour
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon heavy cream
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1. Combine strawberries and sugar in a medium bowl and toss to combine. Allow strawberries to macerate for a least one hour.
2. In a mixing bowl, use a pastry cutter or your fingertips to cut butter into flour, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Add buttermilk and mix gently until just moistened (do not over mix!).
4. Dump contents onto a work surface and knead 4 or 5 times, then pat the dough down until it's about 3/4-inch thick (dough will be loose; this makes for flaky biscuits).
5. Cut biscuits using a biscuit cutter or a floured juice glass.
6. Place biscuits side-by-side in your air frying basket, filling the basket with as many biscuits as will fit in a single layer.
7. Brush tops of biscuits with heavy cream.
8. Air fry at 400ºF for 10 minutes, then carefully turn the biscuits over and air fry at 400ºF for 3 minutes more.
9. Using your Kalorik Hand Blender with the whisk attachment, whip the cream until stiff peaks form.
10. To assemble, split the biscuits in half. Fill the bottom half of each biscuit with the macerated strawberry mixture, followed by a dollop of whipped cream. Top with the remaining top biscuit halves. Add another small dollop of whipped cream and mint leaf for presentation.