Homemade Sticky Buns in the Kalorik MAXX Air Fryer Oven. "Knead" we say more? This recipe yields about nine buns, but we're sure you're going to want more.
3/4 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1/2 cup dark brown sugar (packed tightly)
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
All-purpose flour for dusting
1 large egg
Coarse sea salt
1. Make Homemade Sticky Bun Dough
2. Make your Homemade Sticky Buns Pecan Caramel Topping
3. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and kosher salt in a medium bowl until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes
4. Roll out your Homemade Sticky Bun Dough on a lightly floured surface.
5. Spread cinnamon-sugar mixture over the dough. Leave a border on one side.
6. Sprinkle 3/4 cup of chopped pecans over the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
7. Roll your dough into a log, tightening it as you roll it. Tip: pat the ends as they begin to taper and pinch the seam where the long side meets the roll to seal it.
8. Using unflavored dental floss, cut the dough into nine pieces. Transfer buns into your baking pan.
9. Proof your buns in the Kalorik MAXX Air Fryer Oven for one hour.
10. Remove proofed buns and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
11. Top buns with an egg wash. Bake the buns for 40 minutes, rotating half way through.
12. Spoon your Homemade Sticky Bun Pecan Caramel Topping over the buns and top with 1/2 cup of crushed pecans.
13. Serve buns warm.