Loaded Thanksgiving Pizza
Want to create something fun with those Thanksgiving leftovers? Try this Loaded Thanksgiving pizza, All the holiday flavors you love but atop crunchy hot pizza dough. Make the most of your leftovers and impress your family with a creative recipe that keeps the holiday fun going.
- 2 Tbsp Semolina flour (for dusting)
- 2 Tbsp All purpose flour (for dusting)
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 premade dough (~8 oz )
- 1/4 cup of creamy leftover gravy (using as sauce base)
- ¼ cup leftover mashed or diced potatoes or sweet potatoes (Tip: for mashed potatoes: use a piping bag to evenly dollop small amount around the pizza or use a small spoon)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
- 1 cup leftover choppedTurkey (preferably dark meat)
- 2 Tbsp Cranberry Sauce
- 1Tbsp Fresh Chopped Thyme
- Olive oil or Butter (FOR CRUST)
- Pizza peel (not included) – or just lay pizza directly on the back of a flat baking pan to slide off into the preheated pizza pan or preheated pizza stone
- Pizza stone (not included)- or just use the Kalorik baking pan preheated in oven
- Preheat Kalorik Pizza oven to 600F or any Kalorik oven to maximum temperature.
While the oven is preheating ( with pizza stone or Kalorik pan inserted) , Dust a small amount of flour onto your counter/surface then onto your pizza dough. Shape/stretch the dough out to a 12” even pizza round, leaving a small outer lip for the crust. Then poke your dough gently with a fork to get rid of any air bubbles.
Sprinkle a bit of semolina flour onto the surface of your pizza peel and gently move the pizza dough around on top of the peel (the semolina will make it easier to slide/ transfer to the Kalorik pizza oven pan or a pizza stone)
While the pizza dough is still on the peel, evenly spread your gravy sauce on the pizza crust in a circular motion, leaving space for the crust. Then evenly top with all your toppings, minus the cranberry sauce and fresh chopped thyme. Gently brush the outer crust with a little bit of olive oil or butter.
Slide pizza onto the preheated Kalorik pizza stone or pan / close the door to the oven and cook until golden brown. The cheese should be melted and the crust slightly browned. Watch carefully and rotate the pizza stone/pan for more even browning.
Take out your perfectly cooked pizza and top immediately with your cranberry sauce and chopped thyme. Cut and serve immediately.
Chef’s tips: Mix in the fresh garlic into your olive oil or butter for a flavorful crust. Give your dough time to get to room temp if it was stored in the refrigerator, it will become easier to stretch. Use low-moisture mozzarella for best results.