Chili is one of the best things you can make in your pressure cooker…With minimal effort you get maximum flavor, and hearty comfort is delivered in less than 30 minutes! This recipe uses lean chicken breasts and the bold flavor of Ancho chili powder, plus you get the added protein boost from delicious cashews; it’s a flavor explosion~
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 boneless chicken breasts
1 cup roasted and salted cashew nuts
3 tablespoons Ancho chili powder
1 sweet yellow onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 can white beans, rinsed and drained
3 tablespoons low-fat cream cheese
1/2 ounce bittersweet chocolate
Crispy tortilla strips, low-fat sour cream, freshly chopped parsley, avocado, sliced jalapenos, lime wedges – for serving
1. Using your Kalorik Perfect Sear Pressure Cooker, pour the olive oil into the cooking pot and select the browning function.
2. Once the oil is simmering, season the chicken breasts with salt & pepper and add them to the cooking pot. Sear the chicken breasts on both sides until golden brown. Remove the chicken breasts and set aside.
3. Add the onion and garlic to the cooking pot and sauté using the browning feature, until the onion begins to get tender, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
4. Return the chicken breasts to the cooking pot and press cancel to reset the pressure cooker.
5. Meanwhile, in a blender, combine 1/2 cup cashews, the ancho chili powder and 1 cup of the chicken broth. Blend until smooth.
6. Add the puree to the cooking pot along with the remaining chicken broth, cumin, chili powder and salt. Set the pressure cooker to high pressure and the timer to 5 minutes. Start the pressure cooker. Once finished, release the pressure in the pressure cooker and carefully remove the lid.
7. Using tongs, transfer the chicken breasts to a bowl and use 2 forks to shred the chicken breasts. Return the shredded chicken to the pot and add the white beans, cream cheese, chocolate and remaining cashews. Cook on high pressure for 2 minutes, to meld the flavors.
8. To serve, ladle the chili into bowls and top with a dollop of sour cream, avocado, jalapenos and tortilla strips. Serve with a lime wedge.
Chef’s Tip: To make healthier tortilla strips, instead of deep-frying, bake fresh tortillas, cut into thin strips, at 350ºF until crispy.