6 mild Italian sausages
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 red onion
2 teaspoons canola oil
Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill grate to 500°F. You will know it’s preheated when the grill function light stops flashing.
- Using a small knife, pierce the skin of each sausage several times. Set aside.
- Slice peppers and onion from top to bottom into ¼-inch slices and add to a medium bowl. Toss peppers and onions with canola oil and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Place sausages onto the grill grate. Grill for 4 minutes. Flip, then grill 4 minutes more.
- Add pepper & onion mixture to the grill grate. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, tossing occasionally until peppers & onions are softened, and sausage is heated to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve sausages with peppers & onions and enjoy hot!
Serve with warm hotdog buns and spicy mustard for a lunch-cart-style meal!