Looking to impress your friend's at your next dinner party? Make this riveting rib-eye in 3 minutes! Place the steak on a bed of gem lettuce, coleslaw and a dollop of chimichurri right on top.
1 8oz Rib-Eye or New York Steak
1 head gem lettuce
1 cup shredded cabbage
1/2 cup shredded carrots
4 tablespoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon cane sugar
1 cup parsley
1 cup cilantro
4 garlic cloves
1/2 cup diced Vidalia onion
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons oregano
1/2 cup olive oil
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your Steakhouse Grill to 1500°F.
2. Season steaks on both sides with salt & pepper and wait 15 minutes for flavors to meld.
3. Meanwhile, add parsley, cilantro, garlic, onion, lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, and salt & pepper to a food processor. Process until smooth and homogenized.
4. Place steak on grill grate situated at the top of the grill. Cook on 1 side for 90 seconds. Then flip, and cook 90 seconds more for medium rare. Add 1 more minute for medium. (Note that cooking time may vary based on the size of steak as). Let rest for 10 minutes.
5. Mix cabbage with carrots and add kosher salt and cane sugar. Massage throughout until moisture slowly releases.
6. Add lettuce, coleslaw, followed by cut steak and top with chimichurri.