1 whole pineapple
¼ cup brown sugar
1 lime, cut into wedges
Vegetable oil spray
1. Preheat grill grate to 500°F. When the grill indicator light stops flashing, the grate is hot and ready to grill.
2. Use a sharp knife to cut off the top and bottom of the pineapple. Place pineapple cut-side down on a cutting board and carefully cut away the rough exterior until the yellow flesh is exposed.
3. Turn the peeled pineapple onto its side and following the diagonal pattern of the eyes, cut a shallow V shape to remove them. Continue around the pineapple until they are all neatly removed.
4. Slice the pineapple into thick slices, about ½-¾ inches thick. Lightly sprinkle pineapple slices with brown sugar on both sides. Allow to rest 5 minutes. Lightly spray with a neutral flavored oil.
5. Grill pineapple slices for 5 minutes. Flip and cook another 5 minutes. Serve hot with a fresh lime wedge!
If using a store-bought pineapple that is already peeled, preheat your grill grate and jump straight to step 4! Serve with coconut ice cream for an island-themed dessert!