What says fall more than pumpkin, well, everything? Pumpkin rolls are an elegant and easy way to begin indulging in all the pumpkin goodness that fall brings us. With decadent cream cheese frosting, walnuts and powdered sugar, this dessert will satisfy your pumpkin cravings all season long.
1½ cup powdered sugar, divided into 1 & ½ cup
1. Preheat the Kalorik MAXX Air Fryer Oven to 375°F on the BAKE setting, extend the time to 60 minutes. Once the function light has stopped flashing the oven is ready to bake.
2. Sift ½ cup of powdered sugar evenly across the tea towel. Set aside.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a bowl, whisk together to combine. In a separate bowl beat together eggs and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, add in pumpkin puree and beat to combine.
4. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Beat with the Kalorik Cordless Hand Mixer for 1 minute until no unmixed portions remain.
5. Generously spray you MAXX baking tray with pan spray and dust with 1 tablespoon of flour, taking care to make sure all the sides and the base are covered with flour. Pour batter into the baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. While the cake is still warm, flip onto the powder sugar covered tea towel and tightly roll into a log. Set aside to allow to cool.
7. In a large bowl beat together cream cheese, butter, vanilla extract, and cinnamon until light and fluffy. Slowly add 1 cup of powdered sugar, beating with a hand mixer until thick and fluffy.
8. Once the cake has cooled to room temperature, carefully unroll the cake. Generously spread frosting across the cake in an even, thick layer. Sprinkle frosting with chopped nuts and using the tea towel to help, roll the cake back up into a cream-filled log. Roll the log off the towel onto a plate and dust with powdered sugar on top. Serve immediately.