1 large chicken, cut into quarters
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1 large onion, peeled and chopped
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 tablespoons honey
2 cups chicken broth 1
cup dates, halved lengthwise
1/2 cup green olives
Juice of 1 lemon
Fresh oregano leaves
1. Season chicken quarters with salt & pepper.
2. Add olive oil to your Kalorik Pressure Cooker and select the SEAR function.
3. Add chicken pieces in batches and brown on all sides.
4. Once done, remove chicken and set aside.
5. Add onions to the pressure cooker and sauté until tender, about 10 minutes (press the SEAR button again to keep sautéing).
6. Add the spices, honey, chicken broth, dates, olives and lemon juice.
7. Add chicken back to pot, season with salt & pepper, and set your pressure cooker to high pressure for 20 minutes.
8. Manually release the steam and skim the fat from the surface.
9. Serve chicken with the dates and sauce. Garnish with fresh oregano leaves.