2 pounds tomatoes
½ small red onion
1 clove garlic
2 teaspoons salt
1 lime, zest and juice
1 jalapeño, halved and seeds removed
Salt to taste
Tortilla chips (optional)
- Cut tomatoes in half and lay flat on a baking tray.
- Cut red onion in half. Add onion to the baking tray with the garlic, jalapeño, and salt.
- Broil or grill vegetables until the skin has begun to blister and the tomatoes start to turn black on the skin.
- Add blistered vegetables, lime zest, and juice to your blender. Pulse several times until a chunky salsa has formed. Add salt to taste.*
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
*CAUTION: Always use extra care when blending hot foods as it can cause pressure to build within the blender.