An 8-inch fluffy, moist cake in your Kalorik Maxx Air Fryer Oven takes just 17 minutes to bake, which buys you 10 extra minutes to devour these cake pops (a conventional oven will take about 27 minutes to bake a single layer cake)!
1 box cake mix (your flavor of choice)
Eggs, oil and water (as called for on the box of cake mix)
1/2 cup canned frosting (your flavor of choice)
12 ounces candy melts (melting chocolate)
1/2 cup sprinkles
1. Prepare cake mix. Pour batter into 2 8-inch cake pans.
2. Select the BAKE function and preheat Maxx for 3 minutes at 350ºF.
3. Place cake pans in oven and bake 17 minutes.
4. Remove cakes from the oven and allow to cool completely.
5. Once cool, break one of the cakes apart and crumble it into a mixing bowl until fine crumbs form. Reserve the remaining cake for another use.
6. Stir the frosting into the cake crumbs until a dough forms. If the dough seems dry, add additional frosting 1 tablespoon at a time.
7. Roll the cake pop mixture into tablespoon-sized balls.
8. Place balls on a baking sheet and refrigerate for one hour.
9. Meanwhile, place candy melts in a heat-proof mixing bowl and microwave at 30-second increments at 50% power until smooth.
10. Working one at a time, insert a fork into each chilled cake ball and dip into the melted chocolate until well-coated. Place chocolate-coated cake balls on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Top with sprinkles. Repeat to make the remaining cake balls.
11. Insert a popsicle stick into each cake ball to form a pop. Refrigerate until firm.
Chef (and Mom's) Tip: These cake pops are the perfect project to make with the kids; you can teach them how to measure, watch the cake rise in the oven, and get them actively involved in stirring the cake/frosting mixture; so fun! You can make the cake pop mixture from any boxed cake mix and frosting flavor you have in the house. And be sure to experiment rolling the cake pops in all sorts of toppings…sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, coconut, chopped nuts, etc.