1 tablespoon good-quality olive oil
1 small sweet onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 (14-ounce) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
2 diced tomatoes
1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies
1 cup vegetable broth
1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt & fresh-ground pepper
Freshly chopped cilantro
Chopped green onions
Freshly grated lime zest
Diestel Ranch ground turkey
Plain Greek yogurt (optional)
1. Add olive oil to your Kalorik 6-Quart 10-in-1 Multi Use Pressure Cooker. Select the "Sauté" function.
2. Once the pot is sufficiently heated, add diced onions. Sauté, stirring often, for 3 minutes.
3. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes more, stirring often. (Enjoy the amazing aroma!)
4. Add Diestel Turkey Farms ground turkey and sauté for 5 minutes, breaking it up into small pieces.
5. Press "Stop" on the instrument panel. Add black beans, tomatoes, green chilies, vegetable broth, diced sweet potato, oregano, cumin, and salt & pepper.
6. Lock the lid in place and use the menu button to select the "Soup/Broth" function. Press the "Time" button to set the screen to 30 minutes cook time. Press "Start".
7. When chili is finished cooking, leave it alone and allow the steam to naturally release for 30 minutes, or until steam is no longer coming out of appliance. NOTE: be very careful, and do not place hands in-line of steam.
8. Open lid and stir chili. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
9. Serve chili in bowls, garnished with cilantro, green onions, a squeeze of lime, and a dollop of Greek yogurt (optional).