2 New York strip or ribeye steaks, cut into 1 ½-inch chunks
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon ginger, finely grated
1 tablespoon shallots, minced
1 tablespoon garlic, finely grated
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 cup coconut milk
⅓ cup hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons sambal
¼ cup peanuts, toasted and crushed
1. Preheat grill grate to 500°F. Grate is preheated when grill function light stops flashing.
2. In a medium bowl, combine sesame oil, ginger, shallot, and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. Mix well. Add ribeye or NY strip chunks and toss to coat. Allow to marinate 15 minutes or overnight in the fridge.
3. Carefully slide 5 to 8 chunks of meat onto each skewer, taking care not to pack them too tightly.
4. In a small bowl, combine coconut milk, hoisin sauce, sambal, and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. Top with toasted, crushed peanuts. Set aside.
5. Grill skewers for 3 minutes. Flip, then grill for and additional 2 minutes for medium-rare beef. If you like your meat well done, move skewers to air rack or air frying basket, slide in the FAST AIR FRY position and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until a probe inserted into the thickest chunk of meat reads 165°F.
6. Serve skewers hot with peanut dipping sauce.