Roasting squash in your air fryer is quicker and easier than firing up the oven....and this vegetarian main course takes it to a whole new level. Pesto and four fabulous cheeses combine for a low-carb, satisfying, and healthier version of lasagna.
1 medium spaghetti squash, halved and seeds removed
1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
1 cup half & half
1/3 cup homemade or store bought pesto
1 teaspoon dried oregano
8 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dried
1 1/2 cups shredded fontina cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Place the spaghetti squash cut side up in the basket of your Kalorik Air Fryer and cook at 360ºF for 20 minutes. Remove the squash from the air fryer and use a fork to separate the strands.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the half & half, pesto, oregano, spinach and ricotta cheese. Season with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir in 1 cup of fontina cheese and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
3. Sprinkle the remaining fontina cheese in the bottom of each squash, then evenly divide the ricotta mixture among the squash cavities.
4. Top with the remaining mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with Parmesan. Place the stuffed squash back in your air fryer and air fry at 350ºF for 14 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the interior is hot throughout.
5. Let the squash sit for 5 minutes before serving.