Air Fryer Hand Pies
Air Fryer Hands Pies are an easy way to make this single serving fruit-filled treat. Explore different fruit filled flavor and delight your family and friends with your creativity. These flaky pastries are filled with your choice of just out of the oven fruity goodness. If your wish to take these hand pies to the next level, try serving these warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- 1 cup diced ripe strawberries or peaches or fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 a lemon, zest and juice
- Pinch of salt
- 14-ounce package store-bought refrigerated rolled pie crusts (2 crusts)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Nonstick spray
- Coarse sanding sugar
- Sauce pot
- Cookie/biscuit cutter, or large glass
- Combine fruit of choice, sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest and juice, and salt in a small saucepot until no unmixed clumps of cornstarch or sugar remain.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook 5 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Unroll pie crusts and place them on a flat work surface. Use a 4-inch round cookie/biscuit cutter or a wide-mouth drinking glass to cut circles out of the pie dough. Re-roll any scraps and make additional pie dough circles.
- Place 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of each circle.
- Brush edges of dough lightly with water and fold dough over to form half-moon shapes. Use a fork to crimp the edges, sealing well.
- Use a sharp paring knife to cut 3 slits in the top of each hand pie to allow the steam to escape.
- Brush the tops of the hand pies with melted butter and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
Spray your air frying basket with nonstick cooking spray, then place hand pies in a single layer. Select the AIR FRY function and cook at 400°F for 8 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Allow to cool slightly and enjoy!
To rapidly cool your fruit filling, pour it onto a plate or small baking pan in a thin layer and place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes until cool and ready to use! If you cannot find sanding sugar, turbinado or granulated white sugar works too!