CARAMEL APPLE MONKEY BREAD
These individual pull-apart breads burst with Fall’s sweet apple flavor (and you never have to turn on the oven!). These sweet breads come together in minutes and the Apple Cider Caramel Sauce is a cinch to make, making for an impressive cold-weather dessert that truly impresses! You’ll need individual baking molds or mini pans to bake the sweet breads.
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 tube refrigerated biscuit dough
2 ounces unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 Honeycrisp (or other sweet-tart apple), peeled & diced
Apple Cider Caramel Sauce
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup apple cider
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Pinch of salt
1. First - make the apple cider caramel sauce. Combine the sugar and apple cider in a saucepot over medium heat. Whisk the mixture until the sugar dissolves, then stop stirring. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook, without stirring, until the sauce is a deep golden caramel color, about 8 minutes. Remove pot from the heat and carefully add the butter and heavy cream. Whisk until smooth, season with salt and set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the diced apples and sauté until tender and golden, tossing often, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Spray 4 individual mini Bundt pans or baking molds with non-stick cooking spray. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a mixing bowl. Cut the biscuit dough into 24 equal pieces and gently roll each piece of dough into a ball.
4. Drop a few balls of dough at a time into the melted butter and coat well, then drop the buttered balls of dough into the cinnamon sugar mixture, tossing to coat.
5. Place 6 balls of dough in each mini baking pan and spoon 1 tablespoon of apples into each pan. Drizzle each monkey bread with 2 tablespoons of caramel sauce.
6. Set your air fryer to 350ºF and air fry the sweet breads for 10 minutes or until puffed, golden and cooked through.
7. Carefully remove the sweet breads from the air fryer and invert each onto a serving plate. Drizzle with remaining apple cider caramel sauce and serve warm.
What is a mini Bundt pan. Can you please send a image.
Leave a comment