Crunchy and delectable…onion rings with no guilt!
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon salt
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 large egg
1 cup lager or pale ale beer
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 sweet yellow onions, sliced into 1/2-inch rings
Olive oil non-stick cooking spray
Ketchup and ranch dressing
1. In a shallow bowl combine the flour, salt, baking soda and ground pepper. Mix to combine well.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and beer. Place the breadcrumbs in a third bowl.
3. Dredge the onion rings in the seasoned flour, then coat with the beer mixture, then coat with breadcrumbs. Shake off any excess.
4. Spray the basket of your Kalorik Air Fryer with non-stick cooking spray. Place the coated onion rings in a single layer in the air fryer and spray the onions rings with the cooking spray all over.
5. Air fry at 380ºF until crispy and golden, about 10 minutes. Serve with ketchup and/or ranch dressing, for dipping.