Elegant yet rustic, these simple-to-make pears make the perfect winter holiday dessert. The maple mascarpone cream adds decadence but you can fill the baked pears with granola or ice cream, if you prefer.
1/2 cup white wine or apple juice
2 Bosc pears, halved and cored
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Maple Mascarpone Cream
1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
2 tablespoons maple syrup
Chocolate sauce, caramel sauce or melted vanilla bean ice cream
1. Pour the wine or apple juice into your air fryer baking pan place the pear halves cut side up in the pan.
2. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small mixing bowl and sprinkle the mixture evenly over the pears.
3. Air Fry at 350ºF for 20 minutes or until tender when pierced with a knife.
4. For the Maple mascarpone cream, combine the mascarpone cheese and maple syrup in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
5. To serve, arrange the pears on a platter and fill the cavity of each pear with a dollop of the maple mascarpone cream. Garnish with chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, vanilla ice cream, and/or fresh mint as you like.