These vegan, gluten-free chocolate meringues are sinfully good. Baked in your Kalorik MAXX Air Fryer Oven, this dessert is the perfect combination of bitter and sweet. Grab a fellow chocolate lover and enjoy a few (or the whole cookie sheet).
30 g reduced aquafaba (thick enough to solidify when chilled)
26 g sugar
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
20 g almond flour, finely ground
6 g unsweetened cocoa powder
6 g icing sugar
1 drop vanilla bean paste
1. Preheat your Kalorik MAXX Air Fryer Oven to 250 F. Line the baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine the reduced aquafaba with the cream of tartar. Using your Kalorik Cordless Electric Hand Mixer, whisk on medium-high speed until it turns pale white and forms soft peaks.
3. Adding the sugar, one spoon at a time, continue whisking, until the mixture begins to turn bright white and stiff. Keep mixing until the sugar is completely dissolved.
4. Sift in the almond flour, unsweetened cocoa powder and icing sugar. Fold the dry ingredients with the meringue using a spatula, and keep mixing until the batter falls off the spatula in ribbons.
5. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a small round icing tip. Pipe equal sized circles of batter onto the prepared baking tray, spacing them at least an inch apart.
6. Bake in the Kalorik MAXX Air Fryer Oven at 250 F for 35-30 minutes. Turn off the oven and let cool inside.
7. Sprinkle with sugar and enjoy!