Homemade Sticky Bun Dough
Sticky buns from scratch? You "knead" to try this homemade dough recipe.
3/4 cup whole milk
5 tablespoons sugar, divided
1 3/4 teaspoons active dry yeast (from one 1/4 ounce envelope)
2 large eggs, room temperature
3 3/4 cups of unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 tablespoon melted butter
1. Heat milk to 110-115 degrees. Transfer milk into a 2-cup measuring cup.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of sugar, sprinkle in yeast and whisk to blend. Let yeast get foamy.
3. Add eggs and whisk until smooth.
4. Combine flour, salt and remaining 4 tablespoons of sugar into your stand mixer bowl. Add your milk mixture.
5. While mixer is working, add in 1/2 cup room temperature butter, 1 piece at a time.
6. Mix well. Knead on medium speed until dough is silky and smooth.
7. Brush a bowl with 1 teaspoon of melted butter and place your dough in the bowl. Brush the remaining butter over the top of the dough. Cover with a plastic wrap. Let the dough rise in a warm area until doubled in size.
8. Chill dough for 2 hours.
See full #MAXXMade Homemade Sticky Buns recipe here.