SQUASH AND CHESTNUT SALAD
1 small acorn squash
1 package spring mix greens
2 spring onions, cut into thin rings
3 tablespoons dried cranberries
4 tablespoons cooked chestnuts, roughly chopped
6 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
Salt & pepper, to taste
¼ teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1. Preheat grill to 1450°F.
2. Cut squash in half. Then cut in half again to make quarters.
3. Place squash quarters on grill grate situated in the middle of the oven. Cook 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
4. Peel skin and remove the seeds and stringy fibers. Cut squash into cubes and set aside to cool.
5. Combine lettuce, spring onions, and chopped chestnuts.
6. For the dressing, mix olive oil, vinegar, and thyme. Season with salt & pepper.
7. Toss salad with dressing right before serving.
Leave a comment