To honor National Cheese Day, this Grilled Cheese Sandwich is loaded with melty cheese, meaty goodness and fabulous flavor. The pulled pork recipe is simply made using your Kalorik Slow Cooker and it’s delectable on a baked potato, in a hoagie roll or on your eggs for breakfast! Sweet and smoky pulled pork and sharp cheddar combine for the ultimate sandwich indulgence.
One 5-pound boneless Boston pork butt
1 cup barbecue sauce
1 cup ketchup
1 can Coca-Cola
1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
4 slices sourdough bread
1 1/2 cups pulled pork
3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. For the Pulled Pork, combine the barbecue sauce, ketchup, Coca-Cola and cayenne in your Kalorik Slow Cooker. Whisk the ingredients to combine.
2. Season the pork butt liberally with salt and pepper and it to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
3. Transfer the pork butt to a large bowl and use two forks to shred the meat. Add enough cooking liquid to moisten the meat.
4. To make the Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, preheat your Kalorik Smokeless Grill using the griddle plate. Butter both sides of each slice of bread. Pile 3/4 of a cup of pulled pork on two slices of bread and top the pork with the shredded cheese. Place the remaining bread slices on top and press down firmly.
5. Transfer the sandwiches to the hot griddle plate and cook until golden on both sides. Turn the your Kalorik Smokeless Grill to low and cover with the lid. Cook for 3 minutes to melt the cheese. Serve hot.