HOMEMADE CINNAMON ROLLS with PUMPKIN SPICE CREAM CHEESE ICING
Bake these in your Kalorik MAXX Air Fryer Oven and enjoy sweet, luscious buns in no time!
1 cup whole milk
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 envelope (2 1/4 teaspoons) instant (“rapid rise”) yeast
1 whole egg, beaten
1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Icing
1/2 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1. Combine milk and half of the butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments until butter is melted and milk is warm, about 110ºF on an instant read thermometer.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk 3 cups of the flour, 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar, and the salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough-hook attachment, add warm milk mixture and sprinkle yeast on top. Let stand for 1 minute.
4. Add flour mixture and beaten egg and beat on medium-low speed until just combined. If dough is sticking to sides of bowl, add remaining flour, 1/4 cup at a time, until dough begins to form a ball and pulls away from sides of bowl. Beat dough on medium speed for 5 minutes.
5. Remove dough and form it into a ball with your hands. Place dough in a greased bowl and cover with a damp towel. Let rest for 10 minutes.
6. While dough rests, in another mixing bowl, whisk remaining 1/4-cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Set aside.
7. Turn dough out onto a floured work surface. Use a floured rolling pin to roll into a large rectangle, about 9 x 14 inches in size.
8. Spread remaining 1/4-cup of softened butter evenly over the entire surface of dough. Then, sprinkle dough with the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
9. Tightly roll up dough, starting on the longer edge and pinching the edge to seal.
10. Slice a 1/2-inch off each end so that the ends are even. Cut remaining dough into 9 equal pieces.
11. Place each cut cinnamon roll into a greased 8x8-inch baking dish. Place baking dish in your MAXX and set the oven to “Proof” for 30 minutes.
12. Meanwhile, to make the icing, combine cream cheese, butter, vanilla, powdered sugar, and pumpkin pie spice in the bowl of your electric mixer and beat until smooth. Set aside.
13. When the cinnamon rolls have finished proofing, set MAXX to “Bake” at 350ºF and set the time for 15 minutes.
14. Remove and let cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
15. Spread each cinnamon roll with the prepared icing and serve warm.
1 hour 15 minutes
Recipe by Chef Jamie Gwen
Leave a comment