Crispy on the outside and tender and rich on the inside, these chocolate waffles are the perfect way to spoil your loved one. The waffle batter cooks up beautifully in your Kalorik Heart Shape Waffle Maker, as well as the Kalorik Belgian Waffle Maker and Kalorik Easy Pour Waffle Maker.
1 cup + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, separated
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Popsicle or candy sticks
1 cup ricotta cheese
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Preheat your Kalorik Heart Shape Waffle Iron to medium heat.
2. In a large mixing bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. Place egg whites in a separate large mixing bowl, and using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
4. In another mixing bowl combine the egg yolks, vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract. Add the egg yolk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in the egg whites.
5. Pour the batter onto your hot waffle iron and cook for 4 minutes or until the waffles are crispy on the edges and cooked through. Carefully remove the waffles from the waffle iron and separate them into hearts. Place a popsicle stick in the base of each heart.
6. Meanwhile, to make the sweet ricotta, whisk together the ricotta and the maple syrup.
7. Drizzle waffles with chocolate and/or dust with powdered sugar. Serve with the sweet ricotta for dipping.