It doesn’t get any better than this! Lean and clean for the New Year, this chicken parm uses a minimal amount of good-for-you olive oil and breadcrumbs mixed with Parmesan cheese for a crispy coating (and less breading)…but you still get all the comfort of melting cheese and rich red sauce. While it’s cooking, toss a salad and get ready to feast~
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced horizontally to make 4 thinner cutlets
1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Extra-virgin olive oil
3/4 cup sliced or shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup homemade or store-bought marinara sauce
Olive oil non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat the air fryer to 360°F while you prep the chicken.
2. Combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a bowl and mix well.
3. Brush each chicken breast with olive oil on both sides and place the chicken breasts in the breadcrumb mixture, one at a time, pressing the coating onto both sides.
4. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray and place the coated chicken breasts in the basket. Spray the tops of the chicken breasts with cooking spray.
5. Air fry at 370ºF for 7 minutes. Carefully turn the chicken breasts over and top each with a layer of marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. Air fry at 370ºF for 3 minutes more or until the cheese is melted.