3 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 small yellow onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
4 cups vegetable broth
1/2 cup orange juice
14-ounce can coconut milk
Salt & white pepper, to taste
1. Press the BROWNING button on your Kalorik Pressure Cooker and add coconut oil.
2. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add garlic, ginger, and salt & pepper. Sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4. Add ground ginger and turmeric. Sauté for 30 seconds.
5. Add carrots, vegetable broth and orange juice. Stir to combine.
6. Set your pressure cooker to HIGH for 5 minutes, lock the lid, and make sure that the pressure valve is in the locked position.
7. Manually release the pressure and carefully remove the lid. Add coconut milk and stir to combine.
8. Puree the soup in batches using your Kalorik Personal Blender.
9. Adjust the seasoning, adding more salt & pepper, if necessary. Serve hot.