These avocado wedges are coated in chicharrónes crumbs and air fried until crispy on the outside and warm and tender on the inside. For dipping, pick your favorite potion: ranch dressing, sweet chili sauce, salsa…or make a simple sauce using Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice and a pinch of chili powder.
6.5-ounce bag chicharrónes (pork rinds)
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2 large just-ripe avocados
Freshly ground pepper
1 lime, cut in half
Ranch dressing, sweet chili sauce, or roasted tomato salsa for dipping
1. Place the pork rinds in your food processor and grind until fine crumbs form. Place the crumbs in a mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Place the flour in a separate bowl. Set aside.
3. Break the eggs into another shallow bowl and whisk until well blended.
4. Cut each avocado in half, remove the pit and cut each half into 3 large wedges. Peel the skin off each avocado wedge and season the avocado wedges with ground pepper. Dip each wedge in the flour to coat, shaking off any excess. Then dip each avocado wedge in the beaten egg and coat well. Finally, dredge the wedges in the ground pork rinds.
5. Transfer the crusted avocado wedges to your air fryer and cook at 390ºF for 7 minutes. Carefully remove the crispy avocado fries to a serving plate, squeeze the lime over the fries and serve hot with dipping sauces.
For Vegetarians: Substitute Panko breadcrumbs or traditional breadcrumbs for the ground pork rinds.
For Paleo Eaters: Skip the flour coating and coat the avocado wedges in beaten egg, then chicharrónes.
For a Vegan Version: In place of the egg wash, puree silken tofu with 2 tablespoons of water until smooth.