We hope you're "filling" hungry because these #MAXXMade mini pies are the perfect afternoon pick-me-up! Grab your Kalorik MAXX Oven and your favorite berries and let's get started.
1 cup diced ripe strawberries or peaches or fresh blueberries
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 a lemon, zest and juice
Pinch of salt
14-ounce package store-bought refrigerated rolled pie crusts (2 crusts)
2 tablespoons melted butter
Coarse sanding sugar
1. Combine fruit of choice, sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest and juice, and salt in a small saucepot until no unmixed clumps of cornstarch or sugar remain.
2. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook 5 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat.
3. Unroll pie crusts and place them on a flat work surface. Use a 4-inch round cookie/biscuit cutter or a wide-mouth drinking glass to cut circles out of the pie dough. Re-roll any scraps to make additional pie dough circles.
4. Place 1 tablespoon of filling in the center of each circle.
5. Brush edges of dough lightly with water and fold the dough over to form half-moon shapes. Use a fork to crimp the edges, sealing well.
6. Use a sharp paring knife to cut 3 slits in the top of each hand pie to allow the steam to escape.
7. Brush the tops of the hand pies with melted butter and sprinkle with sanding sugar.
8. Spray your air frying basket with non-stick cooking spray, then place hand pies in a single layer. Select the AIR FRY function and cook at 400°F for 8 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.