Sweet Potato Latkes
A twist on the traditional, these sweet potato pancakes are crispy and light because of your air fryer! No hot oil, no mess…Just delicious.
- 2 medium-size sweet potatoes
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour or matzo meal
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- Plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Applesauce or cranberry sauce, for dipping
- Fresh thyme leaves or chives
Kalorik MAXX 7 QT Digital Air Fryer
- Peel the sweet potatoes and coarsely grate them using the large holes on a box grater.
Place the grated potatoes on paper towels or a clean dishtowel, roll up the towel and squeeze the potatoes of any liquid (sweet potatoes are far drier than a traditional potato, so you will have very little liquid).
Place the shredded potatoes in a large mixing bowl and add beaten eggs, flour, salt and pepper. Mix to combine well.
Spray the basket of your air fryer with coconut oil cooking spray. Form the latkes using 2 tablespoons of the potato mixture. Gently flatten them and place the latkes in a single layer in your air frying basket. Spray the tops of the latkes with coconut oil cooking spray. Air fry at 370ºF for 9 minutes or until golden brown all over.
Serve the latkes with a dollop of Greek yogurt or sour cream on top and applesauce or cranberry sauce for sipping. Garnish with fresh thyme leaves or chopped chives.