Simple Banana Bread
½ cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1.5 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon, ground
½ teaspoon cloves, ground
1 cup mashed bananas
½ cup sour cream
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup walnuts
1 tablespoon sugar Neutral flavored cooking spray Salted butter for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. In a large bowl mix together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Sift to combine.
3. In a medium bowl mix together melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, sour cream, and mashed bananas. Mix until thoroughly combined.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, add chocolate chips, walnuts and mix until just combined.
5. Pour batter into a greased loaf pan, top with a sprinkling of sugar and bake for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
6. Serve warm with salted butter
Save old bananas in the freezer for banana bread anytime!