It’s a Pressure Cooker Miracle…No stirring or hours invested in “making jam”! Ripe fresh figs, of every color, make a beautiful jam, but most high-pectin fruits work well too; apples, plums and blackberries all do well in the pressure cooker. Bottle it and savor, even when your favorite fruit’s season is over.
1 pounds fresh figs, washed and air dried
8 cubes of sugar
3/4 cups of brown sugar
Zest and juice of 2 lemons
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Small pinch of salt
1. Cut the figs in half, or in quarters if they are on the larger side and place them in the inner pot of your Kalorik 6.25 Quart Professional Sear Pressure Cooker.
2. Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and salt and stir to combine.
3. Set your pressure to cook on "High" for 3 minutes. When the pressure cooker signals you that the cycle is complete, manually move the "Steam Release" button to “open” to release the steam.
4. Unlock the lid and remove it.
5. Using your Kalorik 3-in-1 Immersion Blender, Chopper and Mixer puree the jam until smooth.
6. Spoon the hot jam into Mason Jars, seal the lids and let cool completely before storing.