FATHER’S DAY BREAKFAST PIZZA
Dad will love this pizza topped with eggs, bacon and cheesy goodness. Our Kalorik® Hot Stone Pizza Oven has dual heating elements, so you get super crispy crust on the bottom and a perfectly cooked pizza pie on top! My perfect pizza dough is your basic, dependable dough recipe; add garlic or herbs for a boost of flavor. You can make pizzas right away using the freshly made dough, or you can keep it in the fridge for up to three days and use it when you need it. (You can even freeze balls of dough for pizza emergencies!) The dough is best if you have time to let it chill in the fridge for a day; the slow, cool rising time helps to develop the flavors in the dough and gives the crust a better texture.
1 teaspoon active-dry yeast
3/4 cup lukewarm water (not hot)
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more if needed
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup Crema Mexicana
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
4 strips bacon
Sliced green onion, for garnish
1. Pour the water into the bowl of your stand mixer or a medium-sized mixing bowl. Sprinkle the yeast over the water and let stand until the yeast has dissolved.
2. Add all of the flour and salt. Stir with a stiff spatula until you’ve formed a floury, shaggy dough.
3. Using the dough hook on your stand mixer, knead the dough until it forms a smooth, slightly tacky ball that springs back when you poke it, about 5 minutes. If the dough sticks to the bowl or your hands, add a tablespoon of flour at a time until it’s easier to work with; avoid adding too much flour if possible.
4. Meanwhile, preheat your Kalorik® Hot Stone Pizza Oven, for 10 minutes.
5. Stretch the dough to form a 12-inch circle and brush both sides with olive oil. Carefully spread the dough circle onto the hot pizza stone and poke it with a fork all over, to resist air bubbles.
6. Spread the Crema Mexicana on the top of the pizza and top the pizza with both cheeses. Lay the 4 bacon strips diagonally across the pizza dough and use a spoon to make an indentation in the shredded cheese in each of the four quadrants (this will help you later when you add the eggs to the pizza).
7. Close the top on your Kalorik® Hot Stone Pizza Oven and cook for 4 minutes.
8. Carefully open the top of your Kalorik® Hot Stone Pizza Oven and break an egg into each quadrant. Season the eggs with salt & pepper.
9. Close your Kalorik® Hot Stone Pizza Oven and cook for 4 minutes more or until the crust is cooked through and the eggs are cooked sunny-side-up style.
10. Remove the pizza, cut into quarters, garnish with green onions and serve.
Leave a comment